Chile Verde Pulled Pork Lasagna
- Put something different & delicious between your lasagna noodles with this filling main course.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2-1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup canned diced green chiles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated and divided
- 5 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 3 cups pulled pork, diced
- 1 (8-oz) pkg oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir together. Pour in the chicken stock and heat while stirring until the mixture comes to a simmer and has thickened. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, and cayenne, then set the sauce aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the salsa verde, diced green chiles, ricotta, eggs, salt, and pepper. Fold in 1 cup Monterey Jack, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and the pulled pork. Set aside.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place 3 lasagna sheets overtop. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the lasagna sheets, then top with 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Place 3 more lasagna sheets on top of the last layer. Take another 1/3 of the cheese mixture and spread it over the lasagna sheets. Top with 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour half of the remaining sauce over the cheeses.
- Place 3 more lasagna sheets on top of the last layer. Spread the remaining cheese mixture overtop, followed by 3 more lasagna sheets. Cover with the remaining sauce, 1 cup Monterey Jack, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and top with the remaining cheddar cheese and scallions. Let the lasagna cool for 5–10 minutes before serving.