Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- This is another one of my grandma's best recipes—it's so simple, but so delicious. Serve this with a loaf of crusty bread and you've got a full meal!
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 soup can of milk
- 1 soup can of water
- 1 cup minute rice, uncooked
- 1 small jar cheese whiz
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a large casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size sauce pan over low heat. Sauté the onions and celery. Add the thawed broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. Add the soup, milk, water, rice, and cheese. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the pan from the stove and add the water chestnuts and the rotisserie chicken.
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with the chopped parsley and bake for 30 minutes.