Cherry-Almond Cobbler Bars
- We wanted to give this easy, make-ahead recipe a holiday feel with bright red cherries. But you can use any kind of filling, like blueberry, apple, raspberry, or a combination.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp almond paste
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup blanched, sliced almonds
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 11" x 13" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extracts followed by the eggs.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients. Add the almond paste and mix on medium speed until incorporated.
- Evenly spread 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread the pie filling on top and be sure to reach the edges. In even rows, drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top and leave a bit of space between each dollop. Sprinkle the almonds evenly across the top.
- Bake for 35–45 minutes, or until the cobbler begins to brown evenly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve or refrigerate before slicing bars. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.