Cheesy Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- Peppers, onions, and oozing melted cheese…these fajita quesadillas are perfect for last minutes meals, party appetizers, and using up leftovers. For even more fun, serve these with a side of my Tomatillo Guacamole.
- Need dinner in a hurry? Prepare the peppers and onions in a skillet on your stovetop while the Rangemate cooks the chicken.
This recipe is prepared with the Rangemate Multi-Cooker Nonstick Microwave Grill with Accessories (K40746).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, divided
- 3 Tbsp oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- To prepare the chicken, combine the lime juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne, 1 Tbsp of cilantro, 2 Tbsp of oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Soak the chicken breast in the marinade for 30 minutes, flipping it after 15 minutes. Place the marinated chicken in the Rangemate, add the lid, and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Carefully flip the chicken and microwave for another 5 minutes. Flip the chicken once more and microwave for an additional 4 minutes. When the chicken has finished, remove it from the Rangemate and place it on a dish to rest.
- To prepare the onions and peppers, toss the pepper, onion, remaining oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl. Put the peppers and onions in the Rangemate and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes with the lid on. Carefully remove the Rangemate from the microwave and stir. Microwave for an additional 5 minutes and set aside. When the Rangemate has cooled enough to touch, clean the grilling surface of any leftover residue.
- To build the quesadillas, slice the marinated chicken breast into thin strips. Divide the chicken between the 2 tortillas. Top the chicken with the peppers and onions and the remaining cilantro. Place 1/4 cup of each cheese on each tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and brush the outside edges with oil.
- To cook the quesadillas, place the quesadillas in the Rangemate, flat sides touching, and microwave for 5 minutes, lid on. After 5 minutes, carefully flip the quesadillas. Microwave for an additional 2 minutes. Carefully remove the Rangemate from the microwave. Place the quesadillas on a cutting board. Let cool for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.