Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
- 2 (8-oz) balls fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4'' thick
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced 1/4'' thick
- 6 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Arrange the mozzarella, tomato, and prosciutto slices in a circular design on a serving platter. Start with the mozzarella, follow with the prosciutto, and then the tomato. Repeat the sequence, overlapping the edges of each slice.
- Sprinkle the basil on top and season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, drizzle the dish with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.