St. Patty's Day Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 lb corned beef brisket, cut into 3'' x 3'' planks
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme and several parsley stalks, tied together
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1 qt apple cider
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1'' discs
- 10-oz bag frozen pearl onions
- 16 baby potatoes, skins on
- 1 large cabbage, quartered or cut in eighths
- 2 Tbsp each of fresh parsley, rosemary, and chives, chopped
- Put the corned beef into the pressure cooker with the seasoning packet, mustard powder, allspice, and herbs. Cover with apple cider. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Add carrots, onions, potatoes, and cabbage. Cook on high pressure for an additional 15 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Remove the tied herbs and discard. Stir in the chopped parsley, rosemary, and chives.
- Plate a plank of corned beef on a platter and surround by the vegetables and the broth from the pressure cooker.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.