Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
- 9 oz frozen peaches
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt into the 40-oz bowl and blend.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream until steaming; do not boil the cream.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the warm cream into the egg mixture and blend for 10 seconds.
- Slowly pour the cream/egg mixture slowly into the saucepan with the remaining cream, stirring slowly to combine. Bring the mixture to a very low simmer and stir for approximately 3 minutes until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and chill for several hours in refrigerator.
- After the mixture has cooled, add the frozen peaches to the bowl and top with the chilled mixture. Pulse for approximately 8-10 seconds to break up the peaches, then blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Recipe provided by David Venable courtesy of Bob Warden. View more recipes by David.