- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a baking sheet or large cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a dough blade attachment, combine the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Add the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and raisins to the bowl. Blend the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a 6'' round ball. Place it on the prepared baking sheet or in the cake pan. Using a paring knife, score the top of the dough about an inch deep in an ''X'' shape.
- Bake the bread until golden brown and a thin skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, approximately 45-55 minutes.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.