Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz) container whipped topping
- 9'' pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 (4-oz) container whipped topping
- 6 chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
- Store-bought chocolate sauce
- Spoon the cream cheese and peanut butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with a paddle attachment and then beat the ingredients on medium speed until evenly combined. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl, as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the whipped topping in three stages, mixing well after each addition and scrapping down the sides and bottom of the bowl until completely incorporated and the mixture is light in texture. Evenly spoon the mixture into the pie crust. Freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the pie from the freezer and spread the additional whipped topping on top of the filling. Re-freeze the pie for an additional 2 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, drizzle some chocolate sauce and chopped chocolate peanut butter cups on top.
Recipe provided by David Venable. View more recipes by David.