- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded with veins removed then minced
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (I like kosher salt for this)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground (optional)
- 2 avocados, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- To make the salad, combine the tomatoes, peppers, beans, onions, and jalapeños together in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- To assemble the salad, pour the dressing over the tomato mixture. Let the salad sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving, then gently fold in the avocados.
Recipe provided by Jill Bauer.