Butternut Squash Hummus Recipe
- Dunk fruit, crackers & more into this fall-inspired dip.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1.5 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 3 Tbsp, plus more for garnish, olive oil, divided,
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- Sliced apples and/or pears, grilled pita, and graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the butternut squash, 1 Tbsp olive oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Lay the squash in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown and fork-tender. Remove the squash from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, add the cooled squash, chickpeas, apple butter, maple syrup, orange zest and juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and 1/2 tsp salt. Purée until fully combined.
- Place the mixture in a mixing bowl, cover, and refrigerate until you're ready to serve. Garnish the hummus with olive oil and roasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with apples and/or pears, grilled pita, and graham crackers.