Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Put some pep in your pasta with buffalo chicken filling.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (12-oz) box jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions, medium dice
- 1/2 cup carrots, small dice
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2-1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 3/4 cup celery, small dice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Ensure the pasta shells are cooked and cooled.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent. Put in the chicken, cook until fully done, and then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled sautéed vegetables and chicken, 1-1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, and the ricotta and cheddar cheeses.
- Stuff each shell with about 2 rounded Tbsp of the chicken filling and place them in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream, Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and remaining salt and pepper to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Pour the sauce over the stuffed shells and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese, followed by the blue cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until bubbling and browned. Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle the remaining buffalo wing sauce and celery on top.