Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies are always around at the holidays & so are friends & family! Serve these brown butter cookies made with ingredients you have on hand.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1-1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Sea salt, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt and cook the butter until it has turned brown. Immediately transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the sugars and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Put in the eggs and vanilla, mixing for additional 30 seconds. Add the already combined dry ingredients and the chocolate, then mix until just combined, about 30–60 seconds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the dough by 2 Tbsp portions onto the baking sheet, spacing them about 2" apart.
Sprinkle the dough with a pinch of sea salt and press it in just slightly.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10–15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.