- Kids & adults will love the surprise ingredient (tater tots!) in this morning meal.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 4 cups tater tots, thawed
- .5 lb breakfast sausage links, cut into .5" sections
- 1/2 cup peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 16 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In an oven-safe 8" x 8" baking dish, add the tater tots, spray them lightly with nonstick food spray, and toss with a spoon. Sprinkle the cut sausages over the tater tots and stir together. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the tater tots start to brown and crisp. When ready, remove from the oven.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Sprinkle the peppers and onions overtop the ingredients already in the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, scramble the eggs and season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the baking dish, then top with the cheese and scallions. Place it back into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the center feels firm. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.