Braised Pork & Apple Stew
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.), cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 14-1/2oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 apples (your favorite variety), cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp. honey-Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, add the bacon and render until slightly crisp. Add the onion and pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until nicely colored.
- Add flour, stir to form a roux, and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cider, potatoes, carrots, and thyme to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add apples and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes. Stir in mustard and rosemary and serve.