Braised Beef Poutine Dip
Makes 1 qt
- Inspired by a Canadian staple, this dip will delight guests at your next get-together.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 5 oz ground beef or leftover pot roast, brisket, etc.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 (10.5-oz) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp gravy brown (browning liquid)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 1 bag waffle fries, for serving
- 2–3 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pot, brown the ground beef until cooked throughout. Drain off the excess fat.
- While still warm, fold in the cream cheese, then add the gravy, thyme, gravy brown, and Worcestershire sauce and mix until combined. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the dip to a shallow 1 to 1.5-qt baking dish. Top it with the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, cook the waffle fries according to the package directions.
- Once the dip is ready, remove it from the oven and sprinkle on the sliced scallions. Serve with the waffle fries.