Banana Split Icebox Cake
- Dish up the popular flavors of a banana split in an easy-to-serve dessert. This cool treat is made with strawberries, banana pudding, and whipped topping—plus cherries on top, of course!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3-oz) box strawberry-flavor gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water
- 4-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided as indicated below
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 (3.4-oz) box instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 Tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1/3 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the vanilla wafer crumbs and the melted butter in a medium mixing bowl. Firmly press this mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the springform pan and place in the freezer for 5–10 minutes.
- While the vanilla wafer mixture is chilling, mix the strawberry-flavor gelatin with the boiling water in a medium mixing bowl until fully dissolved, then add the ice-cold water. When the gelatin mixture is cool to the touch, whisk in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping until combined.
- Pour the gelatin mixture on top of the chilled vanilla wafer mixture, then sprinkle the strawberries over the gelatin mixture. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes, until set.
- While the strawberry layer is setting, mix together the banana cream pudding mix and the cold milk in a medium mixing bowl. Let sit for 2 minutes, then gently whisk in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Once the strawberry layer is set, evenly spread the banana cream pudding mixture over top. Refrigerate for 15–20 minutes.
- Once the banana layer is set, spread 1 cup of the whipped topping over top.
- Gently run a butter knife or small offset spatula around the ring of the springform pan to loosen the cake from the sides, then remove the ring.
- Pipe the remaining 1 cup whipped topping in 8 rosettes around the cake and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cake. Next, scatter the pineapple tidbits, walnuts, and rainbow sprinkles on top. Place a maraschino cherry on each whipped-topping rosette and serve.