Bacon Egg Drop Soup
- Putting bacon in this classic soup adds another element of texture & flavor.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- .5 lb bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups scallions, sliced and divided
- 1-1/2 cups asparagus, sliced
- 3 cups shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, render the bacon until it just starts to crisp. Add in the ginger, garlic, 1 cup scallions, asparagus, and mushrooms, then sauté for a few minutes. Put in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce and chicken stock and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- When the soup comes up to a simmer, continue to stir as you slowly add the beaten eggs to form small ribbons. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Pour the soup into bowls and garnish each with the remaining scallions and ground pepper.