Bacon & Biscuit-Wrapped Cheese Dog
- Inspired by the I Love Bacon food truck, this special cheese dog has a burst of bacon flavor.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (8-count) tube refrigerator biscuits, each cut into fourths
- 4 jumbo hot dogs, each cut into eighths
- 1 (8-oz) block pasteurized cheese product, cut into eighths
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take each of the biscuit fourths and press them into a 3" circle. Place an eighth of a hot and cheese into the middle of each circle. Wrap the dough around the hot dog and cheese, being careful not to tear the dough and making sure it's completely sealed. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet, seam-side down.
- Brush the beaten egg overtop each wrapped hot dog, then sprinkle on about 1/2 tsp bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the hot dogs are baking, combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a mixing bowl. Serve alongside the prepared hot dogs for dipping.