- Look no further than this seasonal side dish for a taste of fall.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 head red cabbage, rough chopped
- 1/2 head savoy or Napa cabbage, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, garnish
- 2 Tbsp green onions, thinly sliced, garnish
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- To prepare for the slaw, start by preheating or setting your oven to broil.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cabbage with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the prepared cabbage on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes. Check to see if the cabbage starts to char at some of the edges. If not, stir the cabbage around on the baking sheet and broil for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the cabbage to a large mixing bowl and add the apple.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the apple butter, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, oil, ginger, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- To finish the dish, pour the dressing over the cabbage and apples, then toss to coat. Transfer to a platter or serving bowl and garnish with the pecans and green onions.