Atlantic Beach Pie
- A saltine cracker-crust & creamy filling gives you the perfect balance of salty & sweet.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 5 oz saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup key lime or lime juice
- To prepare the crust, start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Put the saltines in a food processor and pulse until they're in small crumbs, but before they're fine dust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the saltine crumbs with the butter and sugar. Press the mixture into an 8" pie dish. Chill for about 10 minutes, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat in the egg yolks, 1 at a time, until well mixed. Add the lime and lemon juice.
- To finish the pie, pour the filling into the crust after the crust has cooled a few minutes. Put the pie dish back in the oven and bake for another 15–18 minutes. Let it cool completely before serving. Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.