Apple Pie Ice Cream
Makes about 1.5 pints
- Scoop up apple-pie goodness in a chilled summertime treat with this recipe for homemade ice cream that has pie filling & shortbread cookie mix-ins.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup shortbread cookies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, sugar, scraped vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract), and apple pie spice in a medium mixing bowl. Pour this mixture into a 1.5-pint ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until the mixture reaches soft-serve consistency.
- Once the ice cream achieves soft-serve consistency, transfer to a mixing bowl, add the shortbread cookies and apple pie filling, and mix together quickly but gently.
- Swirl the caramel sauce throughout the ice cream, stirring slightly to combine while still keeping a swirl pattern.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream, or place in a freezer-safe container with a lid for at least 2 hours for hard ice cream.