Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Caramel Centers
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1 bag caramel candy squares (Kraft or similar)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup cupcake or muffin pan. Or, line the pan with paper muffin liners.
- To make the muffins, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Then, mix in the oil, eggs, and milk. Fold in the apples.
- Stick a caramel candy square in each cupcake well and spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each to the top.
- To prepare the topping, combine the sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix together with a fork and sprinkle over the unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cupcakes are set.