Apple-Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup blueberries, well-drained
- 1-1/2 cup apples, finely chopped
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into 1/2'' pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an oversized 4-cup muffin pan (or a regular 12-cup muffin pan).
- To prepare the muffins, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and apples in a large bowl. Mix in all the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is just moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each cavity in the 4-cup muffin-pan 3/4 full, or each cavity in the 12-cup muffin pan 2/3 full.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Use a fork to combine the ingredients and sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.