Antipasti Chopped Salad
- Company coming? Feed a crowd with a chopped salad that's easy to make & can be prepared a few days ahead of time.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 bottle store-bought Italian dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup marinated sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 pepperoncino peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp pasta water, reserved from cooked pasta
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salami, sliced 1/4" thick and diced
- 1 cup sharp provolone cheese, sliced 1/4" thick and diced
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions. Allow the pasta to cool and reserve 2 Tbsp of the cooking liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the arugula, cherry tomatoes, and 2 Tbsp dressing. Toss to coat and transfer the ingredients to a serving bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, toss the arugula, cherry tomatoes, and 2 Tbsp dressing.
- Top the pasta portion in the serving bowl with the green salad. Serve to your guests.