Globe Digital Timer Power Bar with 8 Outlets
I needed a power strip for my plant stand and other appliances.I only had one outlet available. Plant stand lights needed to be timed and this strip worked great. I have never seen a strip with 8 sockets in stores and the 4 timed sockets with 4 regular sockets is a huge problem solver. I bought 3.
This came with a very sketchy piece of paper with hard to understand instructions on use. I doubt I will ever be able to master the timer part of the unit, and until I can do something with that Timer part, those connectors will not work. Only one part of the power strip will work and those are the plug in's that cannot be on the timer....
All in all, I was NOT very happy with this purchase!
I had to have a little help in setting the timer but was very satisfied with the way it works. Only used 1 outlet for the Christmas tree but the timer worked great once it was set correctly.
excellent timer, power strip
This exact same timer/power strip sells for almost $40 under another name in pet stores. It's not just similar, it's the exact same item in a different box.
This items works great. The timer works perfectly and it keeps perfect time.
It does NOT lose it's settings if the power goes out. That's ridiculous because it has a battery in it.
I know why some people are having a problem though. There are 3 things that need to be checked:
Either the battery that came with it is dead or weak.
There is a piece of plastic that keeps the battery from making contact inside the unit so that the battery doesn't run down or get weak while in storage. You can NOT pull the plastic out without actually removing the battery cover with a flat head screwdriver. If you try to pull out the piece of plastic, you've likely left part of it inside and the battery is not making connection. So when the power goes out, the strip loses it's settings.
Now, the last issue is something I ran into all 3 units I purchased. Even after removing the plastic from inside the battery cover, I found the time would reset while handling the power strip or moving it. What is happening is the two tiny metal springs inside the battery compartment are weak and not pressing against the battery very well. So, unplug the power strip and remove the battery. Take a small flat head screwdriver, or nail file or anything thin and stiff and pull outward on the two springs you'll see inside the battery compartment. You can't get electrocuted if it's unplugged so it's totally safe. All you need to do is cause the metal springs to stick out just a VERY TINY AMOUNT more. It may seem as if you didn't pull them out at all, but do it in small amounts until you have to actually push the battery in it's slot. Normally the battery will fall into it's slot with no resistance. This shows the battery is not making connection.
So, once you do this, replace the battery cover and you will absolutely LOVE this power strip.
Good Choice Purchase
I am very happy with this product. I like the fact you can set the time correctly. The others you have to almost guess you have the correct time. I use this for turning on and off my decorative lights for the different holidays.
I like it
I have a few of these for controlling the lights and heaters for my reptiles (they require STRICT 12 hour light cycles). I am very tech savy and using this timer has never been an issue for me. What I have noticed is that if the timers reset (when the power fails and the backup battery burns out) most people cannot figure out how to properly reprogram it...even with the directions. When a less technologically experienced person attempts to set these, the timers don't go off when they should and basically do what the previous reviewers stated. This type of timer requires some skill, but is 150% worth it if you can get it right.
Like the previous reviewer, this was difficult to program and then only worked for two days. The lights were staying on all night instead of shutting off at the set time. Then, after reprogramming, the lights didn't turn on at all. Sending back.
Back it goes
Inadequate directions so got help from electrician friend but still does not function properly as described. Curious if I rec'd a "lemon" or if product needs to go back to drawing board.