What's Your Sleep Number?
The key to a great night's rest is finding your Sleep Number setting. Your ideal comfort is somewhere between 0 and 100, whether it's extra firm or featherbed soft. Sleep Number mattresses can meet your changing needs over time.
Find Your Ideal Setting
- Lie down in your favorite sleeping position and adjust your pillow to your liking. Using your remote, change your Sleep Number setting to 100 (firmest), and then down to 20 (very soft).
- Now, set your Sleep Number back to 100. As the mattress gets firmer, how do your neck, shoulders, hips, and back feel? When you feel comfortably supported, stop. Make adjustments up or down in increments of 5 or 10.
- Try sleeping at this setting for 2 – 3 nights. If you need to make an adjustment, change your number in increments of 5 or 10 and try this new setting for 2 – 3 nights.
Give your body a little time to adjust. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying all the benefits of a better night's sleep on your new Sleep Number bed.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm moving, what's the best way to transport my bed?
We suggest that you completely disassemble the mattress, foundation, and frame when moving the bed. Here are some tips when packing the Sleep Number® bed:
- The cover and foam should all be double-bagged to help prevent stains.
- The chambers should be deflated and boxed to help prevent possible abrasions and other damage.
- The pump should be packed in a box, surrounded by some sort of packing material if the original pump box is not available.
- The remote (if applicable), caps, and instructions should be tucked in the box with the pump to help prevent them from being lost.
- Although the foundation is very strong and durable, it can be bent or twisted during moving which will cause damage. We recommend completely disassembling the foundation for moving.
- Disassemble the frame and headboard, save all hardware in a bag, and tape it to one of the larger frame parts.
- If you purchased Foundation Legs, they should be placed in a bag with all of the hardware.
If you need instructions for re-assembly of the bed, contact the Select Comfort Customer Service department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-790-9298.
Will my Sleep Number® bed fit my current bedroom furniture?
Yes. Assuming you purchase the same size bed you are currently sleeping on, a Sleep Number® bed will fit in all standard-size bedroom furniture (California king, king, queen, full, or twin).
Will my Sleep Number® bed fit my current sheets?
Most of the sheets sold today are what is commonly referred to as "deep pocket" sheets. Deep pocket sheets are designed for high profile mattresses and can be found at most major department stores. If you own older sheets, which may not have been made in the "deep pocket" style, you may wish to purchase sheet clips to hold your sheets in place.
Will my bed deflate if there is a power surge or power loss during the night?
No. Your mattress will maintain its firmness, even if power is interrupted. But to help protect your Firmness Control™ System from power surges resulting from thunderstorms or power outages, we recommend using a surge protector.
Can I clean the mattress cover or foundation coverlet?
We recommend spot cleaning with sparkling water or mild detergent. Do not dry clean the mattress cover or the foundation coverlet. And by all means, do not put it into a washing machine or dryer. Also, do not stain-guard the mattress, as it may cause yellowing of the fabric.
Why is Sleep Number offering the 100-Night In-Home Trial?
You spend approximately one-third of your life sleeping and Sleep Number believes everyone should love their bed. By sleeping on your new Sleep Number bed for at least 30 nights, Sleep Number believes that you will have a chance to truly have the Sleep Number experience. The unique air chamber design may be different from what you are used to. It may take some time to find the level of comfort and support that is right for you. The Limited Manufacturer's Warranty has recently been extended to 25 years. For complete warranty details, including limitations and restrictions, please visit www.mygoldservice.com.
How do you exercise the 100-Night In-Home Trial?
The 100-Night In-Home Trial begins when your bed is delivered. By sleeping on your new Sleep Number bed for at least 30 nights, Sleep Number believes that you will have a chance to truly have the Sleep Number experience. The unique air-chamber design may be different from what you are used to. It may take some time to find the level of comfort and support that is right for you and Sleep Number is there to help you find your perfect sleep number. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase within the 100-day trial period, contact QVC* to arrange for an exchange or return of the product. This 100-day trial is offered on both the modular and adjustable base.
*QVC Customer Service Hours of Operation:
7am–1am ET, 7 days a week
Call toll-free: 888-345-5788
What happens after the 100 night trial?
Sleep Number stays right by your side. Every Sleep Number bed comes with a 25-year limited manufacturer's warranty. For complete warranty details, including limitations and restrictions, please visit www.mygoldservice.com.
You can contact My Gold Service for questions, tips and warranty information:
www.mygoldservice.com (Live chat & answers to questions)
Mon – Fri: 9am – 9pm ET
Saturday: 9:30am – 6pm ET
7 days a week
Modular Foundation Legs
Are Foundation Legs sold separately?
Yes, Foundation Legs are sold separately and will fit on to any size Sleep Number® foundation. An optional bracket assembly that accommodates any headboard and can also be purchased to attach a footboard.
What are Foundation Legs made of and how much can they hold?
Foundation legs are made of the same high-tech polymer as the Sleep Number® foundation. This material is extremely strong and durable. When attached to the foundation, the Foundation Legs have been tested to support over 1,000 pounds.
What size are the Foundation Legs and how much do they weigh?
Foundation Legs elevate the bed to 7½" off the floor. Each leg measures about 14" x 3" x 2" and weighs only ¾ lbs.
What is included in the 25 year warranty?
25-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON MATTRESSES & FOUNDATIONS
What is covered:
- Select Comfort warrants that your mattress and/or foundation will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 25 years from the original purchase date.*
What is not covered:
- Conditions arising from normal wear and tear. (Conditions arising from normal wear and tear include, but are not limited to, mattress cover compression, foam compression or discoloration of components.)
- Damage from tampering with any component or from opening the Firmness Control™ System.
- Damage from misuse or abuse of the warranted product or component.
- Damage from laundering or dry-cleaning.
- Acts of God, such as, but not limited to, lightning damage.
What you must do:
- Return the warranted product or component in sanitary condition to an authorized Select Comfort® service center. Select Comfort will incur the cost of shipping up to two years after the original purchase date; after two years the return shipping to Select Comfort will be at the customer's expense.
Please telephone our Customer Service department at 1-888-580-9237 to locate the nearest authorized service center and arrange for the return of the warranted product or component.
What we will do:
- Select Comfort will repair or replace, at Select Comfort's option, the defective product or component at a cost to the original purchaser based on the following table. The "price" is the price of the defective product or component at the time the warranty claim is made, or the price of a comparable product or component if the original product or component is no longer in production.
- For example, if a warranty claim arises 12 years after the original purchase date, the cost to the original purchaser would be 68% of the price (that is, 20% plus 4% for each of the 12 years) and Select Comfort would be responsible for 32% of the price.
- Select Comfort reserves the right to substitute products or components of equal or better quality, and to use or deliver refurbished products or components, in the repair or replacement of any product under this limited warranty.
- Up to 2 years after original purchase date: No cost.
- 2-25 years after original purchase date: 20% plus 4% of price for each year from original purchase date.
What will void this warranty:
- Tampering with any component or opening the Firmness Control™ System and its hand control unit.
- Misuse or abuse of the warranted product or component.
- Sale, transfer or other disposal of the warranted product or component.
- Your exclusive remedy, IN LIEU OF ALL INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE, is limited to repair or replacement of any product or component deemed to be defective under the terms and conditions stated above. Select Comfort will bear no other damages or expenses.
- Customer maintains responsibility for installation of parts replaced under terms of the warranty.
- Select Comfort reserves the right to refuse to repair or replace any product or component that is returned in an unsanitary condition.
- This Limited Warranty applies only to the product as used in the United States and Canada. It is not applicable in U.S. territories or other countries.
- This Limited Warranty is non-transferable.
- Repair or replacement of a product or component under the terms of this limited warranty in no way lengthens the limited warranty period.
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. All claims relating to the limited warranty products should be made by contacting Customer Service at 1-888-580-9237, e-mailing or writing to: Select Comfort Customer Service, 9800 59th Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55442.
*The terms and conditions described above apply to all mattress and foundation purchases made on or after 3/31/02. For the specific terms and conditions of the warranty for any bed purchased before this time, please refer to the Owner's Manual that came with the bed or contact a Customer Service Representative.