- Do not decrease the oil measurement. It is the minimum amount needed to produce a moist muffin. If you use honey or decrease the brown sugar, the muffins will taste of soda.
Whole-Wheat Muffins with Fruit & Carrots
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup carrots, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Place pineapple, carrots, oil, brown sugar, and egg into the Vitamix wet-blade container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4. Blend for 10–15 seconds (carrot and pineapple should still be chunky).
- In a large-size mixing bowl, combine flour, flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour pineapple mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are moistened. Quickly but gently stir in raisins. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup full.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove each muffin from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe provided by Vitamix.