- 1/2 cup corn or agave syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the corn or agave syrup, maple syrup, and brown sugar in an 8" nonstick skillet. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the toasted walnuts and salt and toss to evenly coat the nuts. Simmer the mixture for another 5 minutes to further reduce the sauce, stirring often.
- Serve the wet walnuts warm or at room temperature, poured over your favorite dessert or ice cream.
Recipe provided by Meredith Laurence.