- 8 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed), or 1 qt watermelon juice
- 1 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste
- Lime slices, for garnish (optional)
- Place half of the watermelon cubes in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl; discard the solids. Repeat with the remaining watermelon cubes. You should end up with about 1 qt of watermelon juice.
- Add the lime juice and sugar to the watermelon juice, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Taste, and add more sugar if necessary. Transfer the limeade to a nonreactive pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve over ice in tumblers, with lime slices for garnish. Makes 5 cups; 4-6 servings.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse.
Image provided by Steven Freeman.