Rated 2.8 out of 5 by 25
Rated 5 out of 5 by mickeym Saved our lives and home
I bought several of these alarms about four years ago. This summer I had a plumber in working on the kitchen sink. Unknown to us, he accidentally turn a knob on the gas stove turning on the natural gas. In the middle of the night one of these alarms went off. The one on the same floor as the kitchen. At first we thought it was a problem with the battery of the alarm. I had my husband start opening windows in case of a gas leak while I checked the unit. I could not get the unit to shut off. Just as we were about to call 911, my husband noticed the knob on the stove. He turned it off and we opened all the windows. Buying more so we have two per each floor of the house. What else can I say but BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!
Rated 1 out of 5 by mill girl Defective
I plugged mine in as soon as it arrived and shortly thereafter it began beeping loudly. I really didn't think we had a carbon monoxide problem, so like another reviewer I put it outside in the fresh air. Still beeped loudly after several hours and in fear of annoying my neighbors I decided to take it on a little ride..it was still so loud I had to wrap it in a down jacket! I wound up tossing into a remote wooded area and as I drove off, I could still hear it beeping!
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ace64 Worst purchase experience
Purchased 2 units and neither worked. Unfortunately, it was too late to send back to QVC, so I contacted USI. When I received the replacements, it was the wrong item. Couldn't get their customer service rep to understand that. She sent a link for their products, for me to "purchase" the items I wanted. Stay away from these, not worth the trouble.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Grammy51 Returned
Received item,followed instructions,didn't work, returned not to be replaced.
Rated 1 out of 5 by qa Don't buy
Have to destroy the unit to deactivate it.these type of alarms can go off when no actual problem.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Savedme Saved our life last night!
We purchased 3 of these before we moved into our new home. We gave one to our daughter. Easy set up. We have lived in house 3 months and in the middle of the night we heard beeping and knew it was the carbon monoxide detector. I called 911 and they came out to access the levels in our home. Fireman said had we stayed in much longer we would have been very sick! Very thankful for this. I am ordering another one for my son's room. He did not hear the alarm and I had to wake him up. Everyone needs a detector!!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Careyann Fire safety an smell
I love this carbon monoxide protector. Was easy to get started an set up. Now have a great deal of peace of mind.
Rated 1 out of 5 by SweetPeanut Did not work
Right out of the box and neither of the units I purchased worked. I returned mine. I will stick with First Alert brand.