- Tacos are fun, but require a lot of prep and clean up. So we took every ingredient in a taco and mixed it into an easy soup.
This recipe is prepared with Cook's Essentials 10-Piece Porcelain Enamel Speckled Cookware Set (K41692).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16-oz) bag frozen chopped onions, red peppers, and green peppers mix, thawed
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (1.25-oz) packs low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 (8-oz) cans Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 8 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream for garnish
- Crushed hard taco shells for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat in a 5-quart pot. Add the bag of thawed onions and peppers, and ground beef. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 8–10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning packs, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir until the meat is evenly coated. Pour in the cans of tomato sauce and the beef broth and stir until evenly combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro, stir, and serve. Top each bowl of soup with a dollop of sour cream and some crushed hard taco shells.