Sweet & Savory Nut Clusters
- Holiday appetizers need to be two things: quick and easy. I love this recipe because you can make it ahead and store it on the counter. No refrigeration required.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1-1/2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1-1/2 cups raw walnut halves
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp course ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup honey
- Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles (optional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the pecans, almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds with the egg white (and water) until coated. Combine the brown sugar, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and rosemary in another bowl and toss with the nuts until evenly coated. Pour in the honey and fold until coated.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toasted. Serve with gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles, if desired.