Summer Pasta Salad with Arugula, Bacon & Feta Cheese
- 16-oz box farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2-3/4 lb baby arugula
- 4-oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cooked or grilled chicken pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the farfalle pasta according to the package directions. Drain well. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Add the bacon, green onions, cherry tomatoes, and arugula to the warm pasta. Add feta cheese and chicken (if using) and toss.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, lemon rind, and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended. Whisk in the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette into the pasta salad and toss until well coated. Serve warm.