Summer Fruit Parfait with Sweet Cream and Pound Cake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 small (8-oz) container of vanilla yogurt
- 1 store-bought pound cake, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup raspberries or blueberries, or a combination of both
- 1 cup sliced peaches or nectarines
- Mint leaves for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, combine the water, sugar, and vanilla in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until all the sugar is dissolved, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from the burner and set aside to cool.
- To make the sweet cream, whip the heavy cream and the honey with a mixer for approximately 2 minutes, or until thick. Fold in the yogurt.
- To assemble the parfaits, place 1/4 cup of the cubed pound cake in the bottom of four glasses. Drizzle the simple syrup on top. Add a layer of strawberries and then a layer of cream. Repeat the last two steps, adding blueberries or raspberries and then a layer of cream. Top it all off with sliced peaches or nectarines and a final dollop of cream. Sprinkle with any remaining berries and top with a mint leaf.