Steelhead Trout with Pea Mint Sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 5-oz steelhead trout fillets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the fresh peas for 5 minutes or the frozen peas for 1 minute.
- Drain and transfer the peas to a blender or food processor. Purée the peas with the mint, heavy cream, and chicken stock. Season to taste with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Return the purée to the small saucepan and reheat it slightly just before you plate the trout.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, season the steelhead trout with salt and pepper, and sear the fillets for 1 minute on one side. Flip the fillets over and transfer the skillet to the oven and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the steelhead trout on top of the pea mint sauce or lightly pour over the top. Serves 2.