Steelhead Trout with Cucumber Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 5-oz steelhead trout fillets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cucumber in a colander in the sink or over a bowl and sprinkle with salt (to taste). Let the cucumber sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse and dry well.
- Make the cucumber yogurt dill sauce by combining the cucumber with sour cream, yogurt, dill, lemon juice, salt (to taste), and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, season the steelhead trout with salt and pepper, and sear the fillets for 2 minutes on one side.
- Flip the fillets over and transfer the skillet to the oven and continue to cook for 6 minutes. Serve the steelhead trout with the cucumber yogurt dill sauce over the top. Serves 2.