Steamed Shrimp with Vegetables
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz raw, peeled large shrimp (21–25)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- Place rice, water, salt, and pepper in the Rangemate. Place cover on and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Carefully remove and let sit on counter for additional 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place steamer insert on the plate and arrange shrimp and vegetables evenly on top. Place rice on serving platter and wipe unit clean.
- Cut lemon into 4 slices and place on bottom of Rangemate along with 1/2 cup of water. Place steamer insert in, cover, and microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes. Carefully remove, place shrimp and vegetables over rice, and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Rangemate.