Southwestern Corn Muffins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Colby cheese
- 1 (15-oz) can creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using cold butter, grease a 9'' x 13'' baking dish and then coat with white flour. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and sauté the onion over high heat for 5 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the eggs, sugar, and butter. Reduce the speed and add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cornmeal. Add the peppers, onion, cheeses, and creamed corn. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.