Southern-Style Deep-Fried Okra
- 1 lb fresh okra, sliced 1/2'' thick
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sprinkle the okra with salt; set aside.
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a medium-size shallow bowl. Add the okra and allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a second medium-size shallow bowl and then place the breadcrumbs in a third medium-size shallow bowl.
- Preheat a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Move the okra to the bowl with the eggs; coat well. Then, in batches, coat the okra in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.