Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream shortening, butter, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg and stir in the buttermilk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together, and then stir into the first batter. Chill for an hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets, about 2'' apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cookies are still warm, press a small chunk of peanut butter cup into the center of each, being careful not to push all the way through the dough.