Smoked All-beef Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce
- 12 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 pkg. all-beef hot dogs
- 1 pkg. hot dog buns
- To make the chili sauce, chop all the vegetables and combine all ingredients in a large
saucepan. Simmer uncovered for 2 hours. Cool and store in airtight jars in the
- Place 1 – 2 tsp. of fine wood chips on the bottom of the smoker. Place the drip pan on
top of the chips and place the rack on top of the drip pan. Put the hot dogs on the rack.
- Place the smoker over medium-high heat and wait until smoke appears. Once there is
smoke, cover the smoker and smoke the hot dogs for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and
let the hot dogs remain in the smoker for an additional 15 minutes.
- Toast the hot dog buns and serve the hot dogs with chili sauce.