Slow-Cooker Chocolate Bananas Foster
- We've transformed the famous and somewhat-tricky Bananas Foster into an easy slow cooker recipe. Make this anytime, for any occasion.
This recipe is prepared with the Ninja 4-in-1 6-Quart Multi-Cooker with Recipe Book & Travel Bag (K41333).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract or 1/4 cup white rum
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 bananas
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Place the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, rum extract or rum, lemon juice, and cinnamon into a slow cooker. Stir the ingredients together.
- Peel the bananas, slice them widthwise into 1" discs, and place the pieces in a medium-size bowl with the cornstarch. Carefully toss the bananas until they're coated with the corn starch and spoon them into the slow cooker. Carefully fold them into the butter/sugar mixture well coated. Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 1 hour.
- After the cooking time ends, remove the lid and stir the bananas, being careful not to break them up. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and walnuts over top. Place the lid back on and let it sit for 5 more minutes, or until the chocolate chips are melted. Serve over ice cream.