Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- You won't get any arguments about finishing this dish! It's the definition of kid-friendly...and perfect for you, because it can easily be made ahead.
This recipe is prepared with the Temp-tations® Old World 24-Piece Complete Oven-to-Table Set (K38331).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (14-oz) bag frozen peppers and onions
- 1 (15-oz) can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz pasteurized prepared cheese product
- 3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the ground beef until cooked through and no longer pink. Add the peppers and onions and sauté until defrosted, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the grease from the beef and vegetables and place the beef back into the sauté pan. Reduce the heat to medium, add the sloppy joe sauce, cream cheese, and cheese product. Stir until the cheeses have melted.
- Place the meat and cheese mixture into a 13" x 9" baking dish. Top with 2 cups of cheddar. Spread the tater tots over the surface of the meat and cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and the tater tots have browned.