Emeril's Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb large (16–20 count/lb) shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 tsp Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1–1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 lb linguini, cooked al dente & drained
- 3–4 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with Emeril's Original Essence.
- Place olive oil and 2 Tbsp of butter in a 3-qt sauté pan over high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and quickly turn the shrimp.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, and remaining 2 Tbsp of butter to the skillet and cook for 1.5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the pasta, and toss to coat. Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley. Serve hot.
Recipe provided by Emeril Lagasse courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.