Rated 2.5 out of 5 by 94
Rated 2 out of 5 by Juanselle Poor Quality
I purchased these last year during Christmas in July. When they arrived, I opened them and they were very pretty. I did not put the batteries in until Thanksgiving and they worked for awhile, but the illumination quit in some of them in December and replacing the batteries did not help. I removed the batteries from all of them and just used them without the lights, but would have been happier if all of the lights had worked. I gave them 2 stars because they were pretty.
Rated 3 out of 5 by MNSanta Not the greatest quality, but they do sparkle.
I love Christmas, especially the lights and sparkle that the season brings.
I was excited to get these. I wanted to get the red, white, and blue ones - but was able to get only one set so I went with the White Frost ones.
Things I liked about these snowballs:
1. The size of each individual snowballs is great!
2. They do sparkle, and the lights dance in the dark - shining (projecting) on the surrounding areas. It IS magical.
3. I like that it takes regular AA batteries (not the special sized ones that are costly).
4. I really like the timer function. You don't have to sit there and turn them all on/off everyday.
Things I didn't care for:
1. The crystals fall off (not very secure). There were a lot of crystals in the bags that each snowball came in. Luckily - enough remain on the ball that it's not noticeable that you've lost so many.
2. The light is not consistent all around the snowball. It's very bright at the top and dark in other areas of the snowball.
3. On some of the snowballs there is visible yellow glue. This bothered me, but at night time you don't notice this.
4. The timer could be a couple hours longer. They seemed to go out before I wanted them too.
I almost returned these. But having them on at night and seeing the sparkle of the snowballs and the light projecting - they were just too magical to send back.
I would recommend these with an *. The quality is not as high as you may think, and I'd only recommend after sharing the above information. If the price was lower - I might even consider getting another set - but I can't warrant spending $6+ per ball again with the low quality.
My recommendations to QVC:
1. Improve the quality.
2. I'd love to see another option for lighting (a flickering candle light glow - would make these even more magical).
3. I really like the size - it's perfect.
4. Make them light 360 degrees. Maybe use LED lights (get Bethlehem Lights folks involved).
Rated 5 out of 5 by LeefromMN My Set Worked Beautifully
Purchased the white set and used them in a basket with pine cones and faux pine branches all season. Worked perfectly and many party guests commented how beautiful they looked under our glass coffee table. Ordering the silver set today and although I don't know yet how I will use them, I'm already looking forward to holiday 2016. Thanks Valerie.
Rated 1 out of 5 by TrippleG Only three worked
I ordered these and the white sparkle snowballs during the Christmas in July show.
Only three of the red balls work and two of the white ones work.
Guess I am stuck with them now :(
Rated 1 out of 5 by luna tuna Disappointed
I was initially very pleased with my purchase, I bought the red, white and silver sets. After opening I noticed there were sparkles/glitter everywhere along with bit of the snowballs. Then I tested them - new batteries -The White set only 3 worked, the silver set 1 worked and i had to jiggle the battery contacts for that to happen and the red - most disappointing of all I only got 4 units and none of them worked.
Rated 1 out of 5 by floridagrannynanny Beautiful if they worked!
2 sets ordered, 1 red and 1 white...only one out of 10 worked properly. Too much trouble to send back.
Rated 5 out of 5 by countrygal SO DIFFERENT & SO CUTE!
Bought this set in the red. Love them during the day and at night when they light up. We have put them into an antique bucket by our fireplace along with some real pine sprigs. Everyone comments on them and can't believe the timer feature! Valerie has made another wonderful Christmas item! I'm thinking that I really need to buy a second set to completely fill the bucket -- instead of having half newspaper! Just love all Valerie's things! Haven't bought anything that I did not like!
Rated 1 out of 5 by soldto Disappointed
Well I just opened my red sparkle snowballs today to put on my kitchen windowsill. Should have checked them when I got them. One doesn't work at all and the other ones are losing chunks of glitter. Was so looking forward to using these. Well back they go marked defective. This is my first negative review I have ever written to QVC. I have been shopping for five years with them.