Scrambled Eggs with Honey Smoked King Salmon, Feta, Lemon & Chives
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 oz honey smoked king salmon
- Few crumbles Feta cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Couple blades of fresh chives, sliced into 1'' long pieces
- Place a nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the butter and eggs and stir constantly to allow the eggs to set up evenly. A rubber spatula is perfect for this.
- Keep the heat on low or medium-low, but no higher. A higher heat will cause the curds to harden and dry. It should take at least 5 minutes for the eggs to properly scramble.
- If they start to set up too quickly, remove the pan from the heat for a few seconds and continue to stir. If they are taking too long to set up, add just a little more heat to the pan, but be patient and resist the temptation to cook over too high a heat.
- Remove the eggs from the burner when they are done to your liking and stir in the salmon and the feta cheese. Season to taste and sprinkle the lemon zest and chives on top. Serve with toasted bread or a little side salad. Serves 1.