Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 4 cups sliced potatoes, 1/6 inch thin
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham cubes
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Half and half can be used as a substitute)
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil sliced potatoes in a large pot of water for only 5 minutes, until almost, but not yet tender. Immediately run them under cool water and then drain well.
- In a 2-1/2 quart baking dish, make a layer of potatoes, and then onion, ham and a sprinkling of flour. Repeat until all are used.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper, and then pour over the layered potatoes.
- Top all with cheddar cheese and bake 40 minutes, until cheese is well browned and potatoes are bubbling. Let cool five minutes before serving.