Sausage, Biscuit & Egg Casserole
- 1 lb ground pork sausage with sage, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 frozen pre-baked biscuits
- 10 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups of milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, defrosted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In an 11'' oven-safe pan, sauté the pork sausage, peppers, and onions over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sausage is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Cut each biscuit into about 8 pieces and arrange evenly in the pan with the sausage, peppers, and onions.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oregano, salt, and pepper until combined. Stir in the broccoli and cheese. Pour the mixture over the sausage, peppers, onions, and biscuits. Give the mixture a slight stir to disperse the ingredients, then press the biscuits down with the back of your spoon to cover them in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.