Santa Fe Slow Cooker Chicken
- Set it & forget it with my southwestern-style main course!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15.5-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup onion, medium dice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 (10-3/4) oz can cheddar-cheese soup
- 1 (1.25-oz) pkg taco seasoning, divided
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cooked rice or crushed tortilla chips, for serving
In a slow cooker, stir together the diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, onion, lime juice, cheddar-cheese soup, and half of the taco seasoning.
Coat the chicken with the remaining taco seasoning and place on top of the mixture in the slow cooker.
Cover with the lid on and set for 3–4 hours on high or 6–7 hours on low, until chicken is fork tender.
Remove the chicken to a plate, and with 2 forks, shred the chicken. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker to reheat and stir in the cilantro. Serve over rice or crushed tortillas.